Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 am
Location: Cottingham, Hull


Post by yorkieman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:58 am

Another one briefly in the United fleet from Foster, but originally owned by the City of York.
In Queens Dock, Hull in 1929
Showing City of York colours
In Foster colours
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

User avatar
Bill Harvey
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm


Post by Bill Harvey » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:03 am

LANCELOT (1961 – 1962)
O.N. 123255. 71g. 4n. 75.0 x 17.6 x 7.9 feet.
C.2-cyl. engine by the shipbuilder. 50nhp.
1906: Completed by J. P. Rennoldson & Sons Ltd., South Shields (Yard No. 241) for the Ouse Navigation Trust, York.
1907: Transferred to York Corporation, York.
10.12.1917 to 12.5.1919: On Admiralty service at Scapa Flow.
1947: Sold to Peter Foster & Company Ltd., Hull.
3.1961: Sold to United Towing Company Ltd.
1962: Sold to Arie Rijsdijk-Bos & Zonen for demolition at Hendrik-ido-Ambacht.

Post Reply

Return to “United Towing of Hull”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests